Saturday, July 21, 2012

THE BEAUTIFUL ONE






















THE BEAUTIFUL ONE   acrylic on canvas by Candace Knapp
13 inches x 13 inches x 1 ½ inches   $ 500.    Photo Bjorn Andren


THE BEAUTIFUL ONE


Passing through a darkening forest
Earth wet and cold under my feet
Night closing in on me
Just then I see her
I love her from the very first moment
Is she looking this way?
Does she see me?
How long have I been standing here
with my heart in my mouth?
I am frozen in time
and she hovers before me in the light,
the light that warms my chest,
the light that makes me believe
life will soon be good again.
She flickers on and off like a firefly.
If I close my eyes will she disappear?
My mind is so fixed on her
that I am almost afraid to breathe
but when I breathe I drink her beauty
with my eyes
until I finally realize
she is only a reflection
of "The Beautiful One”
living in secret in the heart of my heart.





No comments:

Post a Comment