Saturday, October 20, 2012

THE MISCHIEF MAKERS






















THE MISCHIEF MAKERS    acrylic on wood panel by Candace Knapp
15 inches x 11 inches x 1 ½ inches        Photo Bjorn Andren

THE MISCHIEF MAKERS

What a night !
Fred, George, Bob and I,
we went to that big party in the woods.
You know the one with the huge bonfire?
I almost can’t walk. I think I danced my ass off.
Nope ... It’s still there.
I need coffee, lots of coffee my ears are still ringing.
That music was so loud it woke the bears
and I don’t mean the real bears
I mean the ghosts of the bears, the old ones that protect the park.
I could feel them breathing down my neck.
They wanted us to leave.
They knew something
and as night grew into morning I felt it too.
There  was danger,
the slice of a claw, the swift arm of the cat.
Pain was seeping into our lives
yet we danced
and mischief was afoot.
Fred stole a pumpkin,
I peed on Rosemary’s feet while she was sleeping
George and Bob took off all their clothes and jumped in the river.
little bits of innocent fun
nothing really
the monkey was the last thing I remember just before I fell asleep.
If you want to know what really happened
you can ask the puppy.
He sees all, knows all and his heart is true.


1 comment:

  1. Pain was seeping into our lives
    yet we danced

    What else is there to do? It is the only sane response.

    If you want to know what really happened
    you can ask the puppy.
    He sees all, knows all and his heart is true.

    Ah, yes!!!!! If only we could filter life through puppy eyes and heart. Such unconditional acceptance. No arguments with reality here.

    Thank you for the reminders, Candy.

    ReplyDelete