Sunday, February 10, 2013

TWEET

TWEET   wood sculpture by Candace Knapp
50 inches x 18 inches x 14 inches   Photo Bjorn Andren
       

TWEET

Tweet  tweeeeeeeeeeeet
Get outa my way!
I’m goin to the right
I’m goin to the left
Had some hiberdy jiberdy reasons to run after you
but then I forgot
my head got all wobbly and I started to
Tweeeeeeeeeet
and the bounce
the bounce was about to kill me
all flyuppance and wonder
bleary eyed and following who?
So I just sat down in a pile
I stopped
all movements died down
quiet like I realized
I’ve got nothing but the sound of my own voice
so I said it again
I said it    R  e  a  l     L  o  u  d
TWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET !
And you know what?
I felt better.

1 comment:

  1. What a great way to start the week. Lifted my spirits reading this!

    ReplyDelete