Saturday, May 5, 2012

LADY JANE






















LADY JANE    wood and resin mobile by Candace Knapp
35" x 12" x 17"    $ 3000.   Photo Bjorn Andren



LADY JANE

I always use lip liner
actually I make the top of my lips a little bigger than they really are,
I think it’s more sensual. Then I just fill in with lipstick,
the kind that doesn’t rub off on the rims of wine glasses.
I hate that, don’t you?

After Warren died I didn’t know quite what to do with myself.
It was so quiet in the house, lonesome.
Then I met Gloria and she knew Colleen who was friends with Ann,
Ann lost her husband three years ago,
so now we have lunch every Thursday at the White Rose Tea Room
over by the mall. They have pink table cloths and a white rose
on every table. It’s beautiful !

We all dress for the occasion
and since we are retired we can sit and talk as long as we like.
We wear perfume, I like to wear Jungle Gardenia by Cody.
I think we must smell like a bouquet of flowers with different scents.
Sometimes I worry that my hand cream scent clashes with my perfume
but it’s all good.

I don’t know what I would do without my friends.
It feels as if a golden light is shining down upon us as we
pour cups of tea and eat chicken salad sandwiches.
I like Jasmine tea but some of the others prefer English Breakfast.
After that we have little cakes and chocolates.
We have all lived long enough to treasure these moments.
We linger here and savor every taste, every word, every kind smile.
Life is so very tasty and good.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I love these thoughts. We are so blessed to have time to enjoy with friends. Hope to see you soon. love Bette

    ReplyDelete