Sunday, April 29, 2012

SEA OF GOLD























SEA OF GOLD        acrylic on canvas by Candace Knapp 
13" x 13" x 1 ½"       $ 450.          Photo Bjorn Andren


SEA OF GOLD

Awakened
from a late afternoon nap by sun on my face
I open my eyes to a sea of gold pouring through an open window.
Dust particles glisten against the ceiling.
Shapes drift by, floaters in the liquid of my eyes.
Age has its charm.
I now see the layers beneath the surface.
Thoughts become life forms
mingling in the air above
like guests at a cocktail party.
Inner and outer worlds collide
creating conversations, faces, colors that slide. 
Everything is speaking to me.
Stories brush against my ear like invisible radio signals
and I have time to listen.
I am here for you.
I am not crazy yet.



No comments:

Post a Comment